To enable students to continue their education within a safe, supportive environment whilst also recognizing that 16-19 represents a different phase in the transition from pupil to student/young adult.
· To support and, where possible, enhance work carried out in departments
· To encourage and further academic and vocational development, through raising expectations, awareness and self esteem.
· To encourage independent learning through individual and group research in order to develop a more rigorous approach to study
· To encourage students to be more self sufficient, taking greater responsibility for their own actions and learning
· To encourage good Time Management which includes attendance and punctuality
· To ensure and widen equality of opportunity, where it is in our control, for all students.
· To enable individuals to develop and grow in terms of their personal needs interests and skills.
· To encourage individuality and an aspirational outlook on life.
· To promote a team spirit and sense of belonging.
· To raise awareness of their role in the community and promote tolerance and understanding.
· To prepare students for the next stages in their overall development, Post 18.